At BRICpro we develop, source and purchase design collections for our international design clients.
BRICpro is looking for a purchaser with textile and interior knowledge and experience within product development and sourcing to join our team in Copenhagen.
As a purchaser for our product development department, you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment and collaborate with a variety of visionary design brands from around the world. The right person for this position has (i) experience with purchasing and sourcing from factories in emerging markets (ii) a well-versed technical know-how for home textile and interior products, (iii) a flair for design and trends while also possessing (iv) a good sense for business. If you thrive in a position with a high level of responsibility and gain personal satisfaction in managing quality productions with our suppliers in Europe and Asia, then this position is a great opportunity for you.
Who is BRICpro?
BRICpro is a growing ethical sourcing and development company with offices in Copenhagen, China and India. We assist design brands with end-to-end productions at our partnering factories in Asia and Europe within furniture, interior design and home textiles. Our client portfolio consists of brands from Northern Europe and the US within the high-end to affordable-luxury markets.
We have a strong network of suppliers in Europe and Asia, which we manage in close collaboration with our offices in China and India. Responsible and ethical sourcing are core-values in BRICpro, which is segmented in our participation of the UN Global Compact initiative and as a certified GOTS trader.
If you become part of our team, you will work in close collaboration with our clients, suppliers and offices in India and China, and have the possibility to develop your areas of responsibilities within our company.
What you will do:
- Lead some of our key-clients seasonal purchasing-flows
- You will work closely with our clients’ designers and product managers to develop and purchase their home textile and interior collections
- Product development of our clients’ designs from initial drawings to finished products
- Prepare work drawings and product documentation
- Advice our clients on how we can improve and optimize their designs
- Project manage sampling phases and batch productions at our partnering factories
- Communicate on a daily basis with our suppliers in Asia and Europe
- Visit our suppliers, with around 45-60 travelling days a year
- Be a troubleshooter in case of any problem
- Coordinate on-site quality inspections with our India and China offices
- Negotiate prices with our suppliers
- Place orders and plan productions in collaboration with our clients
- Be responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of your productions
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with purchasing and product development from the home textile and interior design within the affordable luxury segment
- Experience with sourcing and supply-chain management
- Project management skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of different materials and production processes within home textiles and interior design
- Global network of suppliers within the furniture and interior design industry
- Super User in SolidWorks, Adobe package and Microsoft Office
- Service minded towards clients
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and be assertive
- A hard working team player
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving skills
- An international mind-set
- Being able to reflect yourselves in our ethical values
The position is full time at our office in Copenhagen. You should be ready to travel around 35-60 days each year to visit suppliers, carry out quality inspections, follow-up on running productions etc.
International applicants are welcome to apply if you are willing to relocate and have a working visa to Denmark.
Salary will be negotiated according to qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding the position, call our Creative Director, Nichlas Hassing, at +45 3027 4050 between 16-17h CET.
When to start:
We are hiring as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send your application, CV, previous work or other relevant information to email@example.com. Subject in the e-mail should be “Purchaser”.
We will be evaluating the applications on an on-going basis and will be hiring as soon as possible.