At BRICpro we develop, source and purchase high-end design collections for our international design clients.
BRICpro is looking for an experienced Product Developer to join our team at our head-office in Copenhagen. As Product Developer for our furniture and interior department, you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment and collaborate with a variety of visionary design brands from around the world. The right person for this position has (i) a well-versed technical know-how for furniture and interior products, (ii) experience with production management at factories in emerging markets, (iii) understanding our clients’ needs while also possessing (iv) a good sense for business. If you thrive in a position with a high level of responsibility and gain personal satisfaction in managing high-quality productions with our suppliers in Europe and Asia, then this position is a great opportunity for you.
Who is BRICpro?
BRICpro is a growing ethical sourcing and development company with offices in Copenhagen, China and India. We assist high-end design brands with end-to-end productions at our partnering factories in Asia and Europe within furniture, interior design and home textiles. Our client portfolio consists of brands from Northern Europe and the US within the high-end to affordable-luxury markets.
We have a strong network of suppliers in Europe and Asia, which we manage in close collaboration with our offices in China and India. Responsible and ethical sourcing are core-values in BRICpro, which is segmented in our participation of the UN Global Compact initiative and as a certified GOTS trader.
If you become part of our team, you will work in close collaboration with our clients, suppliers and offices in India and China, and have the possibility to develop your areas of responsibilities within our company.
What you will do:
- Product development of our clients’ designs from initial drawings to finished products
- Prepare work drawings and product documentation
- Collaborate and communicate with our clients
- Advice our clients on how we can improve and optimise their designs
- Communicate on a daily basis with our suppliers in Asia and Europe
- Visit our suppliers, with around 45-60 travelling days a year
- Coordinate on-site quality inspections with our India and China offices
- Negotiate prices with our suppliers
- Place orders and plan productions in collaboration with the sales and supply-chain managers.
- Be responsible for the quality and on-time delivery of your productions
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience from the furniture and interior industry
- A design or technical education at BA or MA level
- Experience with sourcing and supply-chain management
- Project management skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of different materials and production processes
- Global network of suppliers within the furniture and interior design industry
- Super User in SolidWorks, Adobe package and Microsoft Office
- Service minded towards clients
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and be assertive
- A hard working team player
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving skills
- An international mind-set
- Being able to reflect yourselves in our ethical values
The position is full time at our office in Copenhagen. You should be ready to travel around 35-60 days each year to visit suppliers, carry out quality inspections, follow-up on running productions etc.
International applicants are welcome to apply if you are willing to relocate and have a working visa to Denmark.
Salary will be negotiated according to qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding the position, call our Creative Director, Nichlas Hassing, at +45 3027 4050 between 16-17h CET.
When to start:
We are hiring as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Send your application, CV, previous work or other relevant information to email@example.com. Subject in the e-mail should be “product developer” and should be received no later than the 2nd of January 2017.
We will be evaluating the applications on an on-going basis until the 2nd of January and inviting the selected applicants for interviews. There will be a take-home case after the interview that the applicant needs to solve within 3 calendar days.